Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Temple of Google I

...In which we type complex questions into Google, hit the "I Feel Lucky" button, and use the first sentence of what we see as an answer. Click the question mark to verify the query, though Page Ranks may have changed since this was originally posted.

How can a God that is all-loving and good allow for evil?
This is an essay I have been working on , references to follow, as soon as I can get them all together. (Link)

Well, why's it taking so long for you to get your references together?
A computer science graduate school survival guide, intended for prospective or novice graduate students. (Link)

Are you telling me that Google is just a grad student trying to get a CS Doctorate?
Despite the fact that it was only a year or two ago that I was blubbering about how rich Windows GUI clients were the wave of the future, college students nonetheless do occasionally email me asking for career advice, and since it's recruiting season, I thought I'd write up my standard advice which they can read, laugh at, and ignore. (Link)

Do you not have much confidence in your own answers?
If this is accurate, sign me as the first volunteer for Kasich for Governor. (Link)

Okay Google, is there a search engine a little less frazzled than you are?
Teenage soccer sensation Wayne Rooney has just signed a six year contract with Manchester United for over $69million. (Link)

I'll give him a call then.

No comments: